Tuesday, November 20th from 5:30-7:00pm – The Big Picture: Sustaining our Small Planet
re-engagement program at ACE Leadership High School will
hold an exhibit on sustainability. Students will present their
interdisciplinary collaborations that seek to shed light on the
value of sustainability. Students have been researching:
• The unsustainable practices of the Dust Bowl
• Historical and literary background of economic and social
issues affecting sustainability.
• Cost analysis of various lighting systems and their effect on
• LEED and other cutting edge practices that contribute to
sustaining our small planet.
• Community design
• Practices and uses of alternative energy
• Methods of conservation
• Constructing scaled architectural drawings
This final culmination will include a constructed electrical
board with a cost analysis on both traditional and green
electrical usage, a designed sustainable community and a
persuasive art installation that explores the relationship of past
mistakes to present practices and the ultimate future impact.