ACE Leadership High School
Board of Directors Planning Meeting
ACE High School • August 8, 2012 ● 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Sawmill Lofts
1801 Bellamah Avenue Northwest Albuquerque, NM 87101
➢ To assess the Board’s and the school’s performance and set goals for next year.
➢ To take steps toward assuring long-term sustainability of the school’s resources and performance.
9:00 Welcome, Introductions and Overview
9:15 Reports & Discussion
• There will be several reports to brief the Board on the current situation at the High School. These include:
• Policy Environment—Aligning the ACE mission with the State of New Mexico requirements and policies.
• Student Transition Capacity—Understanding the ability of the market and the school to help graduates transition to jobs, and organizing to support this.
• School Succession Planning—Laying out the steps for Tori to assume the principal’s position.
• Board Transition Planning—Assessing Board performance and understanding the long-term commitment of Board members and the organizations.
• Student Achievement—Understanding the progress of student growth and expectations for the future.
• Financial Viability—Understanding the current and projected financial situation and key challenges facing the school and the Board.
12:45 Action Planning for 2012-13
• We will follow a structured action planning process to summarize the morning discussion and outline specific objectives and actions for the next year. The process will include:
• Victory Circle—A brainstorm of potential achievements; an open-ended conversation about what success looks like—looking back from August 2013.
• Current Reality—An assessment of current, specific strengths and weaknesses, as well as possible benefits and dangers of working toward the ideas in the Victory Circle.
• Commitments—A short (3-4) list of major accomplishments that the Board will actually achieve.
• Key Actions—Identification of major tasks that must be done to successfully accomplish the items in the Commitments list.
• Calendar of Objectives and Assignments—Work groups will outline their major activities and create a wall-sized calendar/schedule of key milestone activities and objectives.
3:45 Next Steps